Physical Activity and Nutrition Summit
“Good Health: Good Business” • November 3, 2009
Download Conference Registration Form
The Hawaii State Department of Health, Tobacco Settlement Project, Healthy Hawaii Initiative is hosting its 2nd Physical Activity and Nutrition (PAN) Summit on Tuesday, November 3, 2009.
The conference theme “Good Health: Good Business” focuses on the importance of health in the workplace and the need for comprehensive worksite wellness programming in Hawaii. Worksite wellness programs can create large-scale changes in the health of our population and show a return on investment for Hawaii businesses. The morning portion of the summit will focus on the conference theme and consist of presentations from Larry Chapman, an internationally recognized expert and speaker on innovative health management interventions. The morning portion will also showcase a panel of Hawaii business representatives who will provide examples of how they have implemented wellness into their worksites.
The afternoon will consist of breakout sessions featuring prominent local and national speakers who will describe their approaches to physical activity and nutrition in five thematic areas:
- Worksite Wellness
- Social Marketing
Audience:This conference is geared towards businesses, community agencies, advocates, planners, developers, teachers and administrators, state agencies, city and county agencies, other community groups, and the interested general public.
- Highlight programs that are addressing components of the Hawaii Physical Activity and Nutrition Plan
- Provide updates on the accomplishments of the State and County Nutrition and Physical Activity Coalitions (NPAC)
- Educate and inform participants of national trends in worksite wellness programming and return on investment (ROI)
- Provide examples of local businesses that are successfully implementing worksite wellness programs
- Educate and inform participants of local and national trends, policies and best practices in nutrition and physical activity
- Share data and research regarding physical activity and nutrition
- Provide opportunities for networking
The Physical Activity and Nutrition Summit, Good Health: Good Business is sponsored by Hawaii State Department of Health, Tobacco Settlement Project, Healthy Hawaii Initiative.The Healthy Hawaii Initiative is a program of the Department of Health, funded by a portion of Hawaii’s tobacco settlement funds, for health promotion and disease prevention programs, promotion of healthy lifestyles (including physical fitness and nutrition and tobacco control), and prevention oriented public health programs.